Discover our character
Start your morning off right
Begin in the retail core with a fresh beverage of your choice, and some snacks for the road.
Need a few suggestions?
- Espresso from Maria at Via Vadi Caffè
- Fresh Juice from Venus at Cocteles de Fruta
- Fresh from the oven Mexican pastry from Panaderia La Ideal
- Dog Outdoor Gear (D.O.G.) — your pooch needs a snack pack too!
Meet the Duwamish
Visit one of our shorefront parks to watch wildlife, boaters and commerce traverse the Duwamish River. Your view includes a glimpse of our hard-working history, and even a peek at our future. Ground breaking for the new South Park Bridge was on Cinco de Mayo 2011.
- Duwamish Waterway Park (7900 10th Ave S)
- 8th Ave Park (locals call it McNeil Landing)
Learn & Play
Hop, skip, jump! We have parks, playgrounds, and community activities that are fun for kids (and the young at heart). Take a dance class or a computer class or browse the extensive collection of Spanish media at our fabulous library.
- South Park Community Center (8319 8th Ave S)
- South Park Playfield (738 S Sullivan St)
- South Park Library (8th & Cloverdale)
Feel the Beat
Need a place to stretch your legs, stomp around, make a little noise? Grab a friend and roll over to a couple of South Park’s newest parks. Don’t be fooled by their simplicity: we don’t waste any surface in South Park. These parks are functional works of art.
- Cesar Chavez (7th Ave S & S Cloverdale St) Bring along a rock in your pocket!
- River City Skate Park (736 S Cloverdale St)
- Thursday Night Bonfire (where S Southern St meets the river)
Return to the retail core where you can recharge your batteries with a leisurely lunch or happy hour at any of South Park’s locally-owned restaurants. A few suggestions to get you started:
- Loretta’s Northwesterner (8617 14th Ave S) Tavern burgers and beer
- Muy Macho (8515 14th Ave S) Fresh authentic Mexican food
- Napoli’s (8600 14th Ave S) Hand-tossed pizza
- or grab & go for an outdoor picnic at Stockbox Grocers or El Rincon (taco truck) both in the business district
The Adventure Continues
Support our local businesses and have fun too! Visit South Park throughout the year for events, workshops, and festivals, and get to know some of our neighborhood characters. Guess who else is in South Park Seattle?
- Nota Bene Cellars: local wine makers using Washington-grown grapes ($5 wine tastings)
- J&D’s Foods: makers of Baconnaise™ (because everything should taste like bacon)
- Odin Brewing Company: adventurous beers made with the finest regional ingredients
- Seattle Popcorn Co.: makers of the amazing Uncle Woody’s Caramel Corn
See You in The Park!